When I started to write this blog, I used to abbreviate the names of my co-workers with random initials. However, this is awkward when reading and writing, so I decided to use pseudonyms. To better keep track of the names I have invented, here is the complete cast of people mentioned in this weblog.
I’ve been too slack about using consistent cast names, so let’s get into it again:
- Winfried: Security Officer
- Mike: A guy on my team
- Sylvie: Female system administrator at work
- Linh: My hopefully soon-to-be-girlfriend.
- Gwen: Just another babe…
- Bastian: Co-worker. Windows admin.
- Donald: Co-worker. System administrator.
- Amaka: My girlfriend for much of 2011+2012.
- Matylda: Co-worker; young woman from Poland.
- Jenny: Former co-worker at another company. Also a young woman from Poland.
- Maya: Acquaintance. Indian.
- Richard (aka Dick): My boss until early 2013.
- Steve: My current boss, replacement for Dick.
- Harry: Co-worker.
- Bob: Co-worker on my team
- Murray: 2nd co-worker on my team
- Astrid: Norwegian female friend
2011 and earlier
A lot of these people never show up anymore because I am no longer working with them, live in the same area, or keep contact in any other way. For historic reference, you can find the nicknames below.
- Nadine: A friend of Zola. Not as fat as her. Tried to get me to bed once or twice. Good friend, but a little…. much at times.
- Zola: A fat, turkish chick who tried to pick me up at times. However, I have no interest in her.
- Wilma: A former girlfriend. Chinese-Malaysian.
- Dara: Old female friend of mine and former love interest. Hates men now and doesn’t want to be contacted. Ever.
- Min: A Korean friend. Purely platonic.
- Giselle: A friend from the Caribbean who once proposed to marry me.
- Nina: African chick that I had a HUGE crush on some years ago.
- Mariah: Ex-girlfriend, from an African fringe country. Lived in France and Brussels. Twice our pathes crossed – wouldn’t be surprised if that wasn’t all.
- Chanya: Chat-friend from Kenya. Would love to move to Germany, I guess.
- Bahati: African friend of mine. Known her for about five years now. She’s trying to get me to agree to a relationship ever since. She is smart, cute, sexy, funny and really, really nice. Unfortunately, also way too far away.
- Sako: Japanese woman who is in my Tuesday language class.
- Anya: Russian friend of mine.
- Kya: Best friend of my ex-girlfriend Mariah.
- Shakina: A girl from Ghana (but with German citizenship) whom I dated for a few weeks once before she disappeared without a trace for a couple of months.
- Carina: Female World-of-Warcraft geek from Norway.
- Sarah: Very pretty girl who lives on the Bahamas. Originally from Tobago.
- Yunru: Chinese girl who studies in Japan.
- Azizah: Malaysian Internet friend from several years ago.
- Samantha: A former girlfriend.
- Jessica: A friend from Kenya.
- Katherine: Girlfriend.
- Aya: Worked for a South Korean supplier.
- Rover: Buddy of mine from Portugal, now Ireland.
- Lund: Long-time friend from my old hometown, IT freelancer and politically engaged leftist.
- Marcus: Friend of mine from back home, a fellow geek and an entrepeneur.
- Alfred:Friend of mine from the Netherlands.
- Mike:One of my best friends from my hometown.
- Alfred: Freelance contractor, windows-focussed
- Hans: Aka “co-worker H.” – Paperwork-coordinator, supposedly a technician, but has no clue what he’s doing when it comes to tech but good at negotiations. Big words, big life, big paycheck.
- Jane: Female co-worker. Project leader. Loud and very able to get others to do what she wants. If needed by shouting at them.
- Marianne: Totally incompetent woman in another team. Knocked up about once every two years.
- Paul: Aka “co-worker P.” – engineer like me. Very good at what he does, but can be an ass at times. Still my favorite co-worker though.
- Poldi: Team leader of our Hungarian operations team.
- Ingo: Employee working in our Hungarian operations team
- Gaby: Strong-willed project leader, originally from eastern Europe
- Sven: External co-worker who sits next to me in the office.
- Petra: Transgender technician. Used to be a guy, now is a girl. And it does show.
- Matthew: Young tech guy. Nice person, a little confused and likes to play the clown. Maybe a bit inexperienced. Likes to play Tetris on his PDA in team meetings.
- George: Contractor.
- Roger: Our new intern (autumn 2006).
- Alexandra: Our secretary. Easily one of the hottest chicks in the company. Charismatic. Friendly. Nice. And, unfortunately, not only out of my league but also married.
- Tom: New co-worker that we took over from a different department. See Mark.
- Mark: New co-worker that we took over from a different department. See Tom.
- John: Co-worker who killed himself in 2007.
- Andrew: Contractor. Always grinning in a really strange way. Also very obviously gay, not that this has anything to do with anything.
- Harry: Another contractor. A favorite of Gaby.
- Mr. Witts: Arch-enemy of our team; works in an application team in another city.