About three months ago, we set up a new team mailbox as a frontend to our customers. The idea is that our operations team will read this box, and then dispatch incoming emails either to us, or handle them themselves. It also hides our outsourced team a little, and provides a more permanent name (our normal team mailboxes have team-codes in them, which change every so often).

It is new and not really used much, but so far I know that our outsourced colleagues haven’t read the emails in there. The earliest unread email is now about a month old. We have sent about three reminders since last week to start using this mailbox. So far, without success.

It seems to be a test of willpower now.

I seriously wonder how this outsourcing is supposed to save us time and money.